I heard an interview this week with Jeff Bridges. He recited these remembrances, which Buddhists are encouraged to recall daily:
- I am of the nature to grow old; I cannot avoid aging.
- I am of the nature to become ill or injured; I cannot avoid illness or injury
- I am of the nature to die; I cannot avoid death.
- All that is mine, dear and delightful, will change and vanish.
- I am the owner of my actions;
I am born of my actions;
I am related to my actions;
I am supported by my actions;
Any thoughts, words or deeds I do, good or evil, those I will inherit.
from AN V.57 Upajjhatthana Sutta: Subjects for Contemplation