What’s going on…
- Come to class at ISHTA Yoga, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturday.
- Come to class at Studio Maya in Brooklyn, Saturdays 2pm.
- Come for a private lesson or tune-up. Email me at peter (at) peterferko.com.
- Peter teaches ISHTA Yoga Teacher Training in Manhattan and D.C. Training is a transformative way to deepen your understanding of yoga, whether or not you want to teach.
- Workshop: Man to Man, Yoga for the Average Guy. Coming again in September at ISHTA Yoga in NYC.
- Wally and Kali is for sale at Amazon.com.
- Peter's next novel, Incarnation is seeking representation.
- Available now, Peter's new short novel, Black Hole of the Heart.
A New Novel about the Power of Love
In my new short novel, The Black Hole of the Heart, three characters’ stories intersect around the similarity of emotional upheaval and the mysterious phenomenon of the black hole. With irresistable pull at play, each character falls and then finds a new truth about the possibilities of ending, rebirth, and the power of love.
Read The Black Hole of the Heart, now available in paperback or for Kindle from Amazon.com (click the button below) or from your favorite digital bookstore.
Wally and Kali
When Wally looks for the path to love, he finds a naked yogini, a smiling guru, and a ruthless goddess lighting the way. Wally can't figure out how to transcend his life-long string of not quite right relationships. His latest mismatch introduces him to yoga, and while she's soon gone, Wally is hooked on a journey that brings him love, marriage and, maybe, the help of a goddess!
Wally and Kali celebrates the poignancy and humor of modern love and family, set in the contemporary yoga scene.
Get it in paperback or for Kindle from the button below, or from your favorite digital bookstore.
"This book was one of the most enjoyable reads ever, for me. I lean toward the classics when it comes to fiction. Wally and Kali is really brilliantly written. There is a beautiful rhythm and flow to Peter Ferko's writing. His characters are so fully constructed; the world he creates in this book completely enveloped me and I didn't want to leave it. I couldn't wait to return to it. I can't wait to read his future books." —Commenter on Amazon.com
Thanks to fabulous artist and good friend Melissa Staiger for this wonderful conversation!
Sign up for News – and get a free book!
Latest Blog Posts
What’s so extraordinary about a man who practices yoga? Most people stumble along looking for satisfaction in life through gain and accomplishment out in the world. The news is full of stories of that not working — successful celebrities who have just as many problems as anybody. Yoga teaches a different approach, one where you draw satisfaction from tapping into your highest potential.
If you’ve only seen yoga from the outside, you can think it’s about tying yourself into pretzel-shaped poses. I started the Man to Man workshops to let men get a taste of real yoga without the complication and intimidation of having more practiced yogis in the room and without the confusion of having women, with their obviously different body structures to compare to.
In this workshop, you’ll do:
- physical postures in ways that suit your body
- breath work that helps reduce stress and build energy
- concentration practice that helps focus and insight
Man to Man: Yoga for the Average Guy
ISHTA Yoga, 56 E. 11th St
Sunday, Sept. 20, 1:30-3:30pm
(learn more and register)
p.s. Here’s a funny bit about why men don’t do yoga from the wits at Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me. (Skip ahead to 1:30 in the audio or go to Tom Bodett in the transcript):
Bluff the Listener Game: Men’s Yoga